Don’t you have an Ayushman Card? Then, apply one from PMPAY. It is a prestigious project undertaken by the central government to provide comprehensive healthcare coverage to people in rural and urban areas who are below the poverty line. The scheme has been introduced in alignment with National Health Policy 2017.
As part of this scheme, every eligible family will get annual health coverage of around 5 lakh to cover their hospitalization expenses. They can show this card and get treatment in public and private hospitals across India.
The government finances this nationwide health insurance scheme. Both central and state governments will bear the costs. It covers hospitalization expenses, post-hospitalization care, daycare surgeries and health services for newborn babies. This scheme offers the primary, secondary and tertiary levels of health care support.
About Ayushman Bharat Yojana
The following are a few features and details of this scheme:
|September 18, 2018
|Coverage (per family)
|5 Lakh per month
|Covered Treatment procedures
|Pre-hospital expense coverage
|Up to 3 days
|Post-hospital expense coverage
|Up to 15 days
|All private and public ones
|Cashless treatment up to 5 Lakhs
Eligibility Criteria for People in Rural Areas
The following are the eligibility criteria for PMJAY for people residing in rural areas:
- Households with no earring member in the family with the age group of around 19 to 59 years.
- Families living in a single room and having kutcha walls and roofs.
- A household that does not have any adult member in the family or has one disabled member.
- Scavenger families.
- Households who do not have any land and earn income only do manual labour.
- Eligibility Criteria for People in Urban
- The following are the eligibility criteria for people residing in urban areas:
- Domestic workers.
- Rag pickers.
- Sanitation worker, Mali, home-based artisans, tailor sweeper.
- Construction worker, labourer, painter, welder, security guard, coolie.
- Plumber, mason and washerman.
- Transport worker, conductor, rickshaw puller and cart puller
- Waiter, peon, delivery assistant, and shop worker
- Street vendor, hawker and cobbler
- How to Apply for the Ayushman Card Online?
- PMJAY is for all beneficiaries identified by SECC 2011 and is part of the RSBY scheme. You can also check the eligibility criteria in the National Health Authority portal and then apply:
- Login to the website https://pmjay.gov.in
- Provide the mobile number and captcha code on the screen.
- Enter the OTP that is sent to your mobile number, and this takes you to the PMJAY screen
- Select the state from where you are applying for this card.
- Select to check the eligibility criteria by providing your mobile number, ration card number, or RSBY URN number.
- If you are eligible, your name will be reflected on the screen.
- Click the family members tab to see the beneficiary details.
- How to add a family member’s name to Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Click the Add family members details tab to add your family members to reap this benefit.
- Provide the ration card number and click check document details.
- If the ration card has already been added, you get a success message stating that the member has been added.
- Ayushman Bharat Card Download Process
- The following is the step-by-step process you can follow for PMJAY Card Download from the official website
- Visit the official site of the Ayushman Bharat scheme, which is https://pmjay.gov.in/
- Click Am I eligible option.
- Provide the mobile number that is linked to the Ayushman Bharat account.
- You will receive an OTP linked to the account if your name is on the beneficiary list.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number linked to the account.
- Once you provide a valid one, it confirms your identity.
- Click the download card to download the Ayushman card onto your local system or mobile from the device you are operating.
- The Bharat card is downloaded in the PDF format. You can take the printout of the card while going to the hospital for treatment
Documents Required for Ayushman Bharat Card
The following are the documents required to successfully register in PMJAY or Ayushman Bharat and get this card:
- Aadhar card
- Income certificate
- Proof of residence
- Caste certificate only if applicable
- Bank account details
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
Status Check of Ayushman Card
You can visit the pmjay.gov.in website to check the status of your application after applying. If the application is not accepted within 9 to 10 days, then it is a must for you to check its status. To do this, you need your Aadhar card or mobile number. Once the application is accepted, you can download the Ayushman card to your mobile device.